Remmove Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://www.remmove.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. We refer to the website as the "site" and the opt-out services we provide as the "services."
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the
materials (information or software) on Remmove's website for
personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the
grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this
license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Remmove's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Remmove at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Remmove's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Remmove makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Remmove does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Remmove or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Remmove's website, even if Remmove or a Remmove authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Remmove's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Remmove does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Remmove may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Remmove does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Remmove has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Remmove of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Remmove may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the County of Santa Clara, California and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State and County.
Our team will not take any action on your behalf until you purchase a subscription. You can modify or cancel your subscription at any time on the "Account & Billing" page. If you cannot access your account, or you have other problems, you may always contact support. ALPHA CUSTOMERS: use contact to cancel your subscription.
10. Limited Power of Attorney
Our team needs your permission to remove your data from data broker websites. To do this, you grant Remmove a limited power of attorney to act on your behalf to opt-out and remove your information. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Searching such sites using automated or manual tools
- Filling opt-out requests via online forms
- Making phone calls, sending faxes or mailing letters to sites
- Answering emails on your behalf
In general, the power of attorney allows remmove to perform any reasonable action necessary to opt-out, remove or suppress your information. The power of attorney will remain in full force and effect until you cancel your subscription.
11. We Cannot Guarantee Removal
Our team and product works with third-party sites which often change processes and requirements. Our team and product thus are constantly evolving to work around these changes. Furthermore, we can only promise that we will file opt-outs and work through the process to remove your information, not that these websites that we do not control will honor our requests. You acknowledge that remmove.com will make a good-faith effort the accomplish the goal of opting-out of sites on our list but may yet be unsuccessful in this endeavor. The services are provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, included but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement.
12. Sites and Information Covered
Our product will only remove your information from the on sites we cover. We reserve the right to change this list at any time without notice. We generally do so when we identify a new website, or if we find that a site has shutdown, no longer provides personal information, or no longer supports opt-out. Additionally, some sites only support partial opt-outs - e.g. we can remove say your email address but not your phone number. In these cases, we'll remove as much information as possible. Furthermore, we only remove information that matches what you provide us. If you have say, two phone numbers and only provide us with one, then we will not opt-out the one you that you did not provide. Lastly, we only cover sites on our list. We do not remove all your personal information from the internet, delete your social media profiles, or remove your information from government databases. Finally, we only remove information from within the United States of America, only accepting phone numbers and addresses from within the USA.
13. Subscription Limits
Our subscription is provided on a per-person basis, and you pay per person. You may specify multiple names, addresses, and phone numbers for each person. Our basic subscription supports up to fifty of each category (fifty names, fifty phone numbers, fifty emails and fifty addresses) per person. If you require more, please contact support. Further, note that you may have multiple persons under the same account, however we will only remove information of a person if you have set your subscription to include enough people. For example, if you have entered four peoples' information in your account, but your subscription only is set to three people, then opt-outs will only be filed on the first three people.
14. Age Limit and Entering Information on Behalf of Others
You represent that you are 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18, you cannot use our services. Additionally, you may not enter data for someone under 18 into our services. Furthermore, you assert by entering information into our service that it is either your own information or information that you have permission to enter. If we suspect you've misled us about your age or information, we have the right to terminate your account.
When you sign up for remmove, you provide us with your email address. We use this email address to contact you for support reasons, billing notifications and to reset your password. You can enable or disable these emails in your account. Lastly, you can completely opt-out of all automatic emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email.
16. Services We Do Not Provide
We are not lawyers, and if we do hire lawyers, they are not your lawyers. We cannot and do not provide legal advice nor legally represent you. Further, no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between us as a result of this agreement.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Remmove, its parents, subsidiaries, partners, contractors, customers, vendors, officers, and employees from any liability, damage or cost from any claim or demand associated with your use of our services, including direct and any third-party claims or demands.
You may terminate your account with us at any time. If you do so, we will delete most of your information from our system, except that which is required by law - generally a billing record for tax purposes. Unless specifically requested, we will also not delete your emails from our customer support systems. We may also terminate your subscription or delete your account with us at any time, for any reason. Generally, we will terminate your subscription for any of the following reasons:
- We are no longer offering the services
- You have mis-represented yourself or your information
- Your credit card was declined or charged back repetitively
- You have infringed upon our intellectual property rights or that of another person or organization in relation to our services
- You have used our services to engage in stalking, harassment or abuse of others
- You have used our services to for the distribution of malicious software or to launch cyberattacks
- You have abused our support functions or been abusive with our team
- We are required by law to stop offering you services
Further, all amounts paid are non-refundable and non-transferable. In exceptional events, our support team may refund your account if it is shown that your case has merit. We reserve the right to refuse any refund request for any reason.
19. Open Source Copyrights
Remmove.com's visual theme is based on the open source Minty bootstrap theme by Thomas Park. The license for the theme (NOT our software, services or site) is as follows - software in this context being the original theme:
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2013 Thomas Park
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.